Published date: 16th July 2021
Rural Women Upliftment Association (RWUA) was established on 22 Kartik, 2050 B.S. at Sarlahi District of Province 2, Nepal. It is a non-governmental and non-profit social organization and is a well-established and prominent organization which works as a change agent in the area of women empowerment and community development in Sarlahi district. The long-term experiences in the area of community development and women Upliftment has made the organization easy to organize community for positive changes for their own since last 28 years. This is women headed organization and the majority of executive members are women. It works with a mission to improve the lives of people through economic, social, cultural and physical transformation. It has been implementing several projects in Sarlahi District in partnership with Save the Children.
RWUA invites the applications from interested qualified and eligible candidates (Nepali citizen only) that are reliable, accountable, and have the ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity for the following positions under Sponsership Project.
1) Position: Sub Engineer – 1
Duration of contract: Short Term Contract
Base station: Haripur and Ishworpur Municipality
- Support in conducting survey, design and estimation of Infrastructure needs of the selected schools, HCFs, community of the working municipality of Sarlahi District.
- Work with Infrastructure officer for formulating detailed project infrastructure development plan, implementation schedule and monitoring and supervision action.
- Monitor and supervision of infrastructure execution plan and ensure for quality and timely execution of the infrastructure development activities in the targeted areas.
- Take part and support organization in the process of tendering and vendor selection for the supplies construction materials for project activities as per approved design and specification
- Assist in beneficiary selection and verification process by field team and timely execution of the mobilization process as per approved DIP of the project
- Provide technical support in filed activities during the course of project so that the execution is as per approved design and standards
- Maintain the quality of materials/Supply as per approved samples and quality
- Plan the timely completion of targeted construction works and activities as per Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) and according to approved design, standards and quality.
- Maintain field relevant project documentation and visibility as per project proposal.
- Coordinate, consult and support infrastructure officer, logistic and finance officer for transparent and cost effective procurement process and proper storage of construction materials.
- Understand and puts into practice, the responsibilities under Safeguarding and Child Protection policies and procedures of the organization.
Preferred Qualifications & experience:
- At least intermediate degrees on Civil Engineering or Bachelor degrees on Civil engineering will be advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience as project Sub-Engineer or overseer preferably in I/NGOs.
- Must have experience in Masonry Building Construction.
- Must have enough/reasonable knowledge of designing and implementation community based and rural construction.
- Ability to motivate community regarding active participation in project activities
- Possess problem solving skills and adaptability
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Committed to work 40% in office and 60% in field
- Ability to work individual and in team harmoniously with problem solving attitude
- Must have computer literacy specially MS offices and relevant engineering software- AutoCAD.
- Must have experience in preparing Estimation, Rate Analysis and Contract Agreement.
- Poses good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills
- Must be gender and child sensitized and respectful for local norms
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their application along with a recent CV, application letter and Passport size photograph at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the hard copy to RWUA Office at Haripur-2, Sarlahi by 17:00 hours, 25th July 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained, and any inappropriate recommendation might automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing. RWUA respects child rights and strictly follows the child safeguarding policy of the organization. RWUA is an equal opportunities employer and strictly follows the merit-based selection. Applicants from female candidates, Dalit, Janajati and Marginalized groups are highly encouraged to apply.
RWUA reserves right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case. If any query, contact at 046-411109