Center for Dalit Women Nepal is a national-level non-governmental organization dedicated to the political, social, and economic empowerment of Dalits, women, and marginalized groups in Nepal. CDWN was founded by a group of Dalit women social activists and political leaders in 2016. The organization has been contributing to “A society free from caste and gender discrimination” by fulfilling the mission to “Support creation of enabling environment for Dalit and marginalized women’s participation in public life”.
Center for Dalit Women Nepal calls for application for the position of a PROGRAM OFFICER for the Project “She Leads”. The overall goal of the project is to strengthen the capacity of locally Elected Women Representatives (EWRs) for their meaningful participation in decision making in local governments. The project is being implemented in five districts namely Morang, Jhapa, Sunsari, Okhaldhunga, and Khotang of Province 1
Duty Station: Kathmandu, with frequent travels to project districts
No of openings: 1
Duration: 6 months with the possibility of extension
Application details: Share your resume and cover letter at email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd July 2021
8. Providing technical support to CDWN teams and Projects team in the area of the federal structure and local governance;
9. Facilitate the program department in proposal development and drafting concept notes
1. Masters degree in Development Studies, Social Work, Gender Studies, or Social sciences with at least 3 years of work experience in a relevant field. Or, Bachelors's degree with at least 5 years of work experience in a relevant field.
2. Knowledge about the federal structure of governance
3. Ability to multitask and work in a team
4. Excellent time management skills and ability to work efficiently under pressure
5. Brilliant presentation and communication skills in both English and Nepali languages.
6. Willing and able to travel to the project implementation area
CDWN promotes diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Female candidates from Dalit and marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply.
CDWN reserves all rights regarding the vacancy announcement, including but not limiting to selection and/or disqualification of any or all applicants.