Good Neighbors Japan (GN Japan) is a member of Good Neighbors International (GNI), an international NGO.GN Japan was registered as a non-profit entity in Osaka in 2004, and rnoved to Tokyo in 2007. GN Japan supports eight countries in Asia and Africa providing educational support, medical and health assistance, and supports activities such as vocational training. It has been acknowledged by Tokyo City for highly benefiting the public. GN Japan primarily supports programs in Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Cambodia, Indonesia, Kenya, chad, and Ethiopia. However, it has intervened in many emergencies/crises around the world in collaboration with the Government of Japan.
GN Japan is implementing WASH in school project in Bardia, Bajura and Mugu districts. GN Japan hereby invites application from the qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Civil Engineer based in MuguDistrict.
- Civil Engineer – Project Office, Mugu (One)
- Prepare civil designs of required structures, estimation, specification for the type of works and structures.
- Develop strategy and road map for construction works to meet project timeline so as to accomplish the activities in a stipulated time frame.
- Review the plan, policies and priorities of local government and integrate such plan and priorities in the project planning.
- Develop technical resources to construct/re-construct, maintenance and design of school based WASH infrastructures by adopting the drawings from best practices with national standards of government.
- Conduct meeting with local government, school authority, school management committee, school WASH committee and other relevant stakeholders in the district.
- Develop clear infrastructure monitoring tools along with Bills of Quantities (BoQs), tender documents, etc.
- Prepare and compile reports related to construction site daily, weekly and monthly and share it to the direct supervisor.
- Participate in a different level of trainings and workshops programmes and disseminate the acquired knowledge, skills and best practices among the subordinates and team.
- Work closely with construction committee for quality implementation of construction, reconstruction and renovation works as per the agreed plan and take care of site safety and security management.
- Minimum two years of working experience in building construction and other WASH related activities in development sector (tender procedure, design, planning, implementation, budgeting, reporting, evaluation and monitoring system).
- Familiar with current government policies in construction of public building preferably in public schools including WASH activities.
- Sound knowledge on project management, team mobilization and supervisory skills.
- Manage work pressure in a sharp deadline with a limited resources and conditions.
- Have a sound knowledge on Microsoft Office Package and command over word processing and spread sheets, slide presentation, AutoCAD, etc.
- Should have Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and a valid two-wheeler driving license as well as professional license of an engineer.
Eligible and interested candidates are requested to go through the detailed ToR and send the most recent CV along with the duly filled EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM to email@example.com
Deadline: 13th April, 2021
Only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted for further recruitment process.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Locals, especially female and members of ethnic or marginalized communities are encouraged to apply for this position. The candidates having previous work experience in WASH project and Good Neighbors project will be given priority.
Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification.